Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_Matrix

Anyone up for a Sydney meet soon?

Hey guys,

So I'm planning to get my car up and running during this long weekend if I find the time haha (work gah :S ), but I was wondering if any of you blokes are up for a cruise in the next couple of weeks? I'm thinking we meet up in the evening and go for a good cruise, maybe catch a bite to eat on the way. Anyway, chuck in some ideas and we'll see what suits everyone :)

Final Details

Meeting Time: 8:30PM

Meeting Location: Thornleigh mcDonalds overflow car park (see map)

Departure Time: 9PM SHARP - This means as long as you arrive before 9PM, that's fine, you don't have to come by 8:30PM

Route: Thornleigh McDonalds overflow carpark - Gosford Mcdonalds. We can stop for some refreshments at Gosford Mcdonalds (65 pacific highway).

So to recap:

1. We will congregate at 8:30 - 9PM at Thornleigh maccas, chill and talk shit

2. We will leave Maccas at 9PM SHARP

3. Maybe we'll need to regroup somewhere in between, idk, we'll play it by ear

4. We will regroup at Worthington BMW Motorcyles on 5 kangaroo Rd, Kariong - this is the first turn off, off of pacific highway to get to Gosford maccas. We will chill here, wait for the slow shitboxes like mine to catch up lol

5. Leave together to head to maccass where we can unwind a bit, maybe eat some stuff, get some refreshments etc

6. Head back

7. It will be a mad cruise and we'll all look forward to the next one haha

All communications running up to the meeting time of the cruise, DURING the cruise etc will all be done over whatsapp. That means if anyone is running late, we need to regroup etc, this will all be communicated over whatsapp, so please PM Johnnilicte if you're not in the whatsapp group already

Edited by Shadow_Matrix

I'm down, maybe meet up at Thornleigh again and go up Old Pac together to Gosford. Even a simple meet up in Olympic Park would be great.

yeah gosford maccas run would be fun.

haha yeah, gosford maccas run via old pac sounds the treats. What kinda date and time do you guys reckon?

If we meet of an afternoon I can make it. That and you all drive slow enough that I can keep up whilst staying off boost (still finishing up the pre-tune stuff I need to do John, man I suck haha).

I'll be driving slowish. havent retuned for the 2863 yet.

I'm down.. Anywhere I just need to get the f**k out of the house

you're lucky pmod, I just bought a new laptop haha.. my old tuning laptop died and I was without one for a few months.. can't really use the Surface Pro 3 as it only has one silly USB plug.

Haha alright mad, so let's do old pac, now everyone here most probably works mon - friday, so what day works for everyone? Are we going to do Friday, Saturday or Sunday? So pick a day, then we'll set that day a couple of weeks from now so everyone can get their cars and shit together haha ;)

Also times, what's everyone feeling? I'm feeling like evening start, but pmod you mentioned you can only make it if we meet in the afternoon, how early/late in the afternoon are we talking? What kinda time does everyone else feel is the most appropriate?

It's a bit of a hit and miss with me if it either clashes with my work times cause they are literally all over the place. Hopefully I'll be free but I'll see once a time and date is put up.

Rock it old school and do a 1am Wednesday night run to bobbin head...

Don't mind this at all... But Bobbin Head is quite brutal on a car that's low + it's quite short and it's pitch black at night at the marina.

Maybe a run to Brooklyn bridge via Old pac?

If any of you guys are interested there's a large group of guys cruising from Sydney to Canberra for this weekends Downshift meet! All silvia owners too.

If anyone is keen to start organising regular stuff down there message me. Am happy to help out with flyers / internet pushing events etc.

If anyone is keen to start organising regular stuff down there message me. Am happy to help out with flyers / internet pushing events etc.

we taking it back old school :)

Don't mind this at all... But Bobbin Head is quite brutal on a car that's low + it's quite short and it's pitch black at night at the marina.

Hajahaja... You sound scared ash....

I'd be more then happy to jump on it... Fortnight or monthly meet greets and cruise.. Even possible track gatherings at wakey...

Hajahaja... You sound scared ash....

Bobbin Head was like my second home when I was a young lad with my N/A S13, I know it back to front!

But like I said, its not that great of a road compared to Old pac which is smoother and the destination at Brooklyn bridge makes for some cool Japanese Touge style photos.

I'm down for this!

Especially if it's up north near my place haha :)

STILL haven't installed the new brakes tho.

Edited by Skepticism

you're lucky pmod, I just bought a new laptop haha.. my old tuning laptop died and I was without one for a few months.. can't really use the Surface Pro 3 as it only has one silly USB plug.

Nice. I actually have a laptop, albeit I still dont have Nisstune installed, however I'll be the first to admit that it's always easier to deal with your own gear setup your own way. Using other people's computers can be annoying.

Haha alright mad, so let's do old pac, now everyone here most probably works mon - friday, so what day works for everyone? Are we going to do Friday, Saturday or Sunday? So pick a day, then we'll set that day a couple of weeks from now so everyone can get their cars and shit together haha wink.png

Also times, what's everyone feeling? I'm feeling like evening start, but pmod you mentioned you can only make it if we meet in the afternoon, how early/late in the afternoon are we talking? What kinda time does everyone else feel is the most appropriate?

Afternoon to night. If it's a weekend, then I could probably do 6pm or something. During the working week, not really ideal but it could be viable, it would have to be a lot later since I get home around 7:30 and live further away than I used to.

If any of you guys are interested there's a large group of guys cruising from Sydney to Canberra for this weekends Downshift meet! All silvia owners too.

Don't personally have the patience for an 8 hour round-trip cruise, but I'm sure there will be folks here that might go.

Wouldn't mind going post World Time Attack, potentially the following week...

Sorry for being out of touch for a couple of days. My neighbour is absolutely bat shit crazy and punched out my window at the front of my house. Had to deal with police shit etc. That's what I get for living in Mt Druitt lol. Anyway, so let's do old pac, we'll keep it a couple of weeks from now so everyone can get their cars ready and we'll keep it a couple of weeks from now, so let's say 31st of October (Friday) or 1st of November (Saturday). Doesn't make a difference to me if it's a Friday or Saturday, so just chip in which day you prefer and we'll go with whichever day more peeps can show up.

We'll all congregate at thornleigh maccas on pennant hills rd, catch a bite to eat, then all head out together north doing the old pac to gosford. So, to recap:

Time: 8:30pm start

Date: 30th of October (Friday) OR 31st of October (Saturday)

Meet location: Thornleigh Maccas (Pennant Hills Rd)

Route: Old Pac

All that needs to be set now is if its a Friday or Saturday. As I said, to me it doesn't matter, I can make either day. So, if it makes a difference to you i.e. if its on the opposite day, you can't come, say so below so that we can set whether its a friday or saturday so that we can get maximum numbers.

tl;dr friday or saturday?

Edited by Shadow_Matrix

31st is a saturday.

I would do 30th (Friday)